Officer for Officials
The primary role of the Officer for Officials is to organise parent helpers for the safe and efficient conduct of Centre competitions. Specific duties include:
- Identify a list of required roles and recruit parent helpers to fill them using the Centre’s “SignUp” system or otherwise.
- Recruit ‘permanent’ Age Managers.
- Asist Age Managers & parent helpers in the performance of their duties.
- Distribute to Age Managers a folder each competition day which includes their group’s program for the day and recording sheets for their field events. (Folders made available by & contents prepared by the Recorder.)
- Organise (as necessary) parent helpers for Zone, Region and State championships.
- Promote increased capability to officiate at our club athletics events by encouraging parent helpers to gain qualifications (eg. Online) under the Australian Athletics Officials’ Education Scheme.
- Prepare a report for the Annual General Meeting of the Centre.
Return to Committee page.