Little Athletics Centres are run wholly by volunteers – parents just like you.
What you Need to Know
- Almost everything you need to know can be found on our (this) website www.stgeorgelac.org.au
Registration & Uniform
- Be sure to bring a copy of the following when you come to Olds Park to pick up your Registration Pack (see the dates on the “How to Join” page):
- Birth Certificate – (if this is your first time with St George) a good photo of it on your phone will sufice
- A filled in Working with Children’s Declaration form, one form for each adult who may attend Little Athletics
- The Registration Pack will include patches that need to be affixed (preferably sewn) onto the uniform in specific locations. This is specified on the Uniforms page of the website.
- Check that you have completed all the steps on the How to Join page of the website
How we Communicate with You
- We use a number of systems for communicating with parents – including: a broadcast email system, a mobile phone app (called “Stack Team App”) and our Facebook site
- Emails sometimes fall into your junk mail folder. The best way to avoid that is to add email@example.com to you Email contacts.
- Step 4 on the “How to Join” page on the website explains how to set up Team App on your mobile device. Here are some tips on setting it up to work well:
- It’s best placed with other messaging apps on the front screen of your phone.
- In your phone’s settings, be sure to set Allow Notifications for ‘Stack Team App’
- In STGLAC’s Team App, under the membership settings, ensure notifications are Enabled.
- Our Facebook site is: “StGeorgeLittleAthletics”. Be sure to “Like” us.
- The Fridays on which we do and don’t compete, together with the dates of the main interclub carnivals are set out in our Calendar.
Mandatory Parent Helper Duty
- Every family needs to provide assistance by an adult at least once per 2 weeks. The ways in which you can assist are set out here: Parent Helper Roles
- There is lots of information to assist parent helpers on the website under the “Resources” menu.
- If you understand the role of Age Manager, and want to do that role regularly each week – you can apply for an Age Manager Role – see: Age Managers/Assistants. These roles are limited in number.
- Most parents will choose a duty from our “Sign-up” web page, where we list all the jobs available for the coming meet. You can access the “Sign-up” system via the website or via Team App in the week prior to each Friday meet.
On Friday Competition Days
- Arrive by 5:45pm. The best parking is the council car park accessed via Holley Rd & Olds Park Lane (adjacent to the Olds Park Sports Club parking area). Next best is the council car park at the Penshurst branch library.
- Each athlete should locate their Age Group / Age Manager.
- Parents signed up to a duty should report to the relevant location & time as per the duty description on the Sign-up.
- An adult in each family must remain at Olds Park while ever your children are participating. If you are performing a duty that evening, you may need to remain a little later – till your duty is completed. Often you can choose a duty that lines up well with your children’s program timing.
- Do NOT enter the main oval (inside the picket fence) unless you are performing a duty on the Track.
- Do utilise our canteen! It’s an important source of funding for the club. Card transactions preferred please.
- We offer group coaching throughout the season for registered members in the U7 and older age groups. The scope, schedule and conditions for participating are set out on the Coaching page on the website.
- We offer a comprehensive awards program which is described in the Handbook (which you’ll find under the “Resources” menu on the website). Important to note is that most awards have a minimum level of participation as a pre-requisite: To qualify for awards, an athlete needs to have participated in the minimum proportion of Events offered to their Age Group across the season (as specified in the Awards section of the Handbook). So attending regularly and doing all scheduled events is important!