Region 8 Qualifying Meet (U9 – U12)
Here is the Information Pack for the Region 8 Qualifying Meet (for entry to the State Championships) for U9-U12 athletes, which is to be held on Friday 5th February and Saturday 6th February at Sylvania Waters Athletic Track. Athletes who have gained entry to this Meet are listed in the table below.
The Information Pack contains the following in order:
- Program (including “not before” times)
- Map of the Athletics Track
- Instructions for parents concerning Duties to be performed. Here is the Signup Link: Carnival SignUp Link
- Important Information of relevance to Centre Committees and parents / participants
- COVID Safety Plan applicable to this carnival
- Parents of participating athletes are required to SignUp in advance to perform a Duty at the Carnival. The link to access the SignUp roster is above. Signup early so you can find a suitably timed duty.
- There is an Entry Fee of $10 per athlete payable by end-January. Please remit to:
Account: 020 079 422
Use Athlete surname as the reference.
- Athletes must wear complete and correct Uniform at all LANSW Carnivals. This includes the ‘Coles’ patch, which must be affixed to the top right of the singlet/crop top (as shown here).
If you have questions about parent duties, please be in touch with Michelle at email@example.com. If you have questions about other aspects of the Carnival, please be in touch with Karen (who will be the St George Team Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for the U13 – U17 Little Athletics NSW Youth State Championships (to be held at SOPAC 27-28 March 2021) are now open and will remain open till 5pm Sunday 21 February 2021. Successful athletes will be announced by 28 February. Please note that Athletes/Parents (not the club) are responsible for nominating – this is done via the LANSW website at: Youth State Champs Nominations A Draft program is also available at that link.
When registering, you’ll be required to provide (for each event you want to enter) a reference performance result together with information on when and where this was achieved. The result you provide must be superior to the that found in the Entry Standards.
Entry to the State Championships is competitive – for each event, the top 2 athletes per Region then the next best 8 from across the state will be selected (based on their submitted performance results) – a maximum of 24 athletes per event.
If you need assistance or have questions about the Championships, don’t hesitate to contact Karen (email@example.com).
Participation & Results Information
For comprehensive results for all LANSW Carnivals, visit: LANSW Results
The table below is limited to St George Athletes only.
|2020-21||Zone Championships cancelled due to COVID||Qualifiers to "Region" u9-u12|
No Regional Carnival for u13+
|Qualifiers to Region;|
|Qualifiers to State;
State Championships - Cancelled