Equipment & Grounds Officer
The primary role of the Equipment & Grounds officer is to ensure the Centre’s equipment & storage facilities are fit for purpose and that the Ground is well prepared for each competition day. Specific duties include:
- Determine the layout of the track and field for all competition held at the Centre.
- Recommend the purchase and/ or repair of all equipment.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in safe and good working order.
- Conduct a regular stock-take of all Centre equipment and keep an up-to-date inventory and replacement cost estimate (for insurance purposes).
- Ensure the field is adequately marked for each running day.
- Monitor the condition of the grounds, the surrounds of the long/triple jump pits and shot put and discus areas and arrange for maintenance when necessary.
- If required, prepare a report to the Annual General Meeting of the Centre.
Return to Committee page.