In the Interests of Safety
St George Little Athletics Centre:
a) asks that all persons attending a Little Athletics venue and carrying a smartphone download the COVIDSafe App; and
b) encourages all intending participants at Little Athletics events to regularly wash hands thoroughly in accordance with WHO guidelines: Proper Hand Washing
c) requires that all persons attending a St George Little Athletics event comply with the COVID-19 safety measures put in place by STGLAC and LANSW as summarised in the Rules below.
COVID-19 Safety Rules
- You must not attend (as spectator, participant or otherwise) any Little Athletics activity if, in in the last 14 days, you:
- have been unwell or had any flu-like symptoms including fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or tiredness (see: COVID-19 Symptoms and Testing ), or
- have visited Victoria, or any of the reported case locations listed on COVID-19 Hot Spots
- have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 (see: COVID-19 Hot Spots for information regarding COVID-19 hot spots), or
- have experienced any sudden loss of smell or loss of taste, or
- are at a high risk from a health perspective, eg. due to age or due to having a pre-existing medical health condition.
- If the above applies to you, you should get a COVID-19 test and self-isolate pending availability of test results.
- All persons attending a Little Athletics event (other than competing athletes) must ‘sign in’ and ‘sign out’ using the means we provide (eg QR Codes and/or Attendance Registers);
- Athletes must only attend their own Centre. No Little Athletics Centre is permitted to host visitors from other Centres.
- Avoid physical contact; no shaking hands, hugs or high-fives;
- Spectators must maintain 1.5m separation;
- Water bottles and food must not be shared nor carried in a shared (group) basket;
- Athletes and parents assisting at a Field Event must sanitise their hands using facilities we provide at each event station prior to handling the implements or commencing their event;
- Throwing implements must be cleaned by Age Manager/Assistants before their group uses them;
- Track Starters must sanitise their hands & the starting equipment prior to using it;
- No person shall enter enclosed rooms at the venue unless they are required to do so (eg. if serving in the canteen). All posted restrictions must be observed.
Responsibilities of St George Little Athletics Centre
- Nominate a COVID-19 Safety Coordinator to oversee implementation of and adherence to safety procedures;
- Communicate the Safety Rules to persons attending Little Athletics via Email and/or signage;
- Maintain attendance records for each Competition Evening and each Training Session or Clinic that records the Date, all persons at the venue (First Name, Last Name), and their contact phone number;
- Ensure no more than 500 persons in total are present at the venue at one time;
- Provide hand sanitiser throughout the venue (at Sign-in, at Event stations, in Toilets) and provide sanitising wipes at Event stations;
- Operate the Canteen in accordance with NSW Government guidelines where applicable.
Further reliable information is available from:
St George Little Athletics’ COVID Safety Plan will be found here.
Any person with concerns or queries about the safety rules should raise them with our COVID-19 Safety Co-ordinator: Karen Tuqiri (0418 402 528).