The primary role of the Registrar is to “on-board” athletes at the commencement of the season. Specific duties include:
- Configure the registration system (as made available by LANSW – ‘GameDay’ from 2021/22) as required consistent with the Centre’s approved policies and fees.
- Maintain the Centre’s records of members / athletes in the registration system.
- Process athlete registrations to ‘on-board’ athletes including verifying athlete age and updating the registration system as required by LANSW or the Centre.
- Order registration numbers and other items from LANSW and account to LANSW for their allocation as required.
- Distribute Centre registration numbers, age patches, other patches and materials as needed to each athlete.
- Manage procedures associated with athlete Trialists and Visitors including the keeping of records and collection & prompt banking of Trialist fees.
- Identify appropriate policies and practices to ensure a safe environment for children and ensure that the Centre conforms to the relevant requirements of LANSW and the NSW Working with Children legislation.
- Monitor that all persons required to have a Working with Children Check do so;
- Prepare a report to the Annual General Meeting of The Centre.
Return to Committee page.